Monday, 24 November 2008

Week 7 Predictions

I currently don’t have any internet at home since I have just moved house and am waiting for my phone line to be connected etc. Therefore I am writing these predictions without any knowledge as to what actually went on last week apart from the results posted in the forum, so if any of the information I give is incorrect I do apologise.

Anyway enough of that dribble. Last week only 2 games went ahead because STL withdrew and EP didn’t show. Is this a sign of things to come? I hope not, IPA is the only interleague currently running that is time friendly to UK players. Hopefully Drew manages to find a replacement ASAP for STL and fingers crossed EP decides to show this week.
The 2 games that were played from the results I have seen seem to have been 2 well fought match, my prediction for MP vs PK was well wrong, MP turned up with a powerhouse team and walked away easy victors. Whereas in the other match SS vs EC ended exactly as I expected 4-2 with SS taking the victory.

Week 7
PoolKings vs TBA
Magicpool vs Straightshots
Britpool vs EclipsePool
Extreme Cues vs PoolCuez

PoolKings vs TBA
I will update prediction if a league is added.

Magicpool vs Straightshots
This has to be the match of the week, I honestly believe that winner of this match will win the league. SS pride themselves on using home grown talent; therefore a lot of their players are fairly unknown, but don’t even think of doubting their ability. SS sit top of the league for a reason! Nigel needs to bring his best team here: Steven, Craig and Sagar need to show and of course play to their true potential. All 3 of those players won last week, they are key to SS’s success.
MP, I am sure will turn up with a powerhouse team yet again. PK suffered a backlash from MP after they had lost mid-week in pro. PK are by no means a push over and have some very talented poolers within their ranks, so for MP to basically destroy them in the manner they did, it just shows the quality of the captaining and the team currently being built. Jordy will show probably with the same 6 that turned up last week, because why make changes when your team does that, the old English saying “if it aint broke, don’t fix it”.
The match itself will be an interesting affair, I thought MP had quit the shit talking at the tables it seems I was mistaken, so MP will try and get under SS’s skin by talking non-stop at the table. SS have to be one of if not the best disciplined teams in any interleague, I am pretty sure all their players will have hit ignore on most MP players before the match finishes. In my eyes MP will just be too strong for SS and with the team they currently have should win this at a canter.
My prediction
MP 4-2 SS

Britpool vs EclipsePool
EP no showed last week, I hope they manage to pull a team together this week, mainly because I am pretty sure BP would like a game. BP had a bye last week and claimed a 6-0 win. I can see the same thing happening this week. If they get a bye this week the pressure they will have applied to SS and MP would be huge.
My prediction
BP 6-0 EP

Extreme Cues vs PoolCuez
Extreme cues put up a good fight last week against a good SS side; they unfortunately seem to lack that killer punch or the player that they can rely on week in week out. They will turn up to this game more in hope of a result rather then expectation.
PCZ have acquired some good players recently and if they all turn up at the same match, they will easily win most matches. I heard off a few people that Croz had left PCZ after a fall out with Dani (hardly surprising), yet when I checked forum for who reported he did, so this may have been false information. PCZ will have to turn up with a medium to strong team to take the win here although they need to try not to be complacent, EC have a habit to pull out a shock every once in a while.
My Prediction
EC 2-4 PCZ

No comments: