Wednesday, 19 November 2008

Week 6
Magicpool vs PoolKings
Britpool vs SkysTheLimit
Extreme Cues vs Straightshots
PoolCuez vs EclipsePool

Magicpool vs PoolKings
This is my match of the week by a country mile, PoolKings only joined NPA 2 weeks ago and I know their league is filled with talent throughout, if Adam can find his best 6, then this could be one tasty affair. His team last week failed to live up to expectations; he did bring a strong side but were they too complacent? This could possibly be so; with players like Kev (xl_gameover_lx) in your side it is easy to get full of yourselves. Kev is a great player but even he knows he is full of shit. Adam needs to take a leaf out of his counterparts book, Jordys and lead by example, and to be honest I have no doubt in my mind that he will get the W this week, he is one of those players that would probably make any interleague side and do well, like a gentle dinosaur :p.
MP on the other hand have made some good additions to their side over the season and are definitely looking to continue their great form this season. Since Jordy arrived on the scene at MP he has done wonders, he has turned a bunch of trash talking idiots into in my eyes one of the best inter teams on yahoo. I would never even have considered joining a league like MP just because of the drama, but now I would have no problem joining a league such as this. I am expecting Jordy to seek out his best 6 for this match as he understands the importance of taking confidence into his week 7 match Vs league leaders SS. Jordy knows this match is going to be no push over and probably the hardest match of the season should PK bring their players.
The deciding factor of this match is:
Will Jordy win his game?
Will Adam win his?
Should they both win, well this match will be a draw. My prediction would be that they do both win their games and the score ends 3-3

Britpool vs SkysTheLimit
As I understand it, STL have pulled out and I am not aware of a league that has replaced them. BP would have rolled this game easily, they are on a high after beating a strong PK side from last week.

Extreme Cues vs Straightshots
EC as I said in my outlook are one of those teams that big teams really need to watch out for, some weeks they don’t even turn up (or arrive with a poor team) and others they turn up and they pull an upset out of the bag. SS will need to be weary of this fact. EC I am sure will be wanting to set an example of SS and prove that they are in this to win it.
SS after so many players in their team to choose from, I am not sure whether or not they will use this game to get players eligible for playoffs, this depends on how confident they feel. In all honesty they should have the confidence by now to bring a weakened side. With next weeks game probably going to be the telling point of the season SS will probably turn up with their strongest 6 in preparation.
My prediction is that SS win this 4-2

PoolCuez vs EclipsePool
This could be a battle of David and Goliath, PCZ being Goliath. PCZ if they wanted to could be a powerhouse to reckon with. With Crozzzy as their captain they should be wining NPA with eaz. I am not sure whether the captaincy is to much for croz to concentrate on or he is just not performing as well as he is capable. When I was made UIC capt for EPL I lost 5 straight weeks before I went undefeated until finals. Maybe he just needs a little time to settle into his post. PCZ wont really need Croz to perform in this match as I don’t really see them being troubled much. EP has had a few heavy defeats over the start of the season and unfortunately for them I expect another 1 to happen here.
My prediction is that PCZ win this 5-1


Just remember that these predictions are my thoughts and not that of NPA if you don’t like what I have said there is a comment section on this blog! On the other hand if you do like what has been written here, everyone likes praise so same applies. Thanks for reading, GL teams over the weekend hopefully someone will offer me a spot by then 

No comments: