Monday, 17 November 2008

IPA Outlook

Over the week I was asked if I could do some predictions for IPA, its been a little while since I did predictions so first off im going to try and get a feel for the teams.

I am also not too sure how the playoffs work, im going on the basis that top 4 make it playoffs.

BritPool
This league is currently sitting mid table (4th) having probably played the harder matches of the first half of the season, with 2 wins 2 draws, 1 loss. Britpool are still in contention for the playoffs, and are only 6 pts behind first place Straightshots and just 2pts behind joint 2nd place of Magic Pool and Pool Cuez.

Key players so far have been:
D0rv – although he has only played 2 games, he has won them both and has always been consistent throughout interleagues he has played in.
Im_just_jeremy – his record is 3/2 but when Jeremy plays well, he will get the job done no questions asked.

Outlook
Britpool do have some easier games coming up, but unless they capitalize I see them just missing 4th spot come the end of the season.


Magic Pool
This league I have to say has improved massively in the past 6months, It used to be renowned for its shit talking but they have calmed down and realised that they actually play better when they concentrate. Jordy as their captain is great for them he really knows how to work his team, but not only that he leads by example. Magic Pool are currently sitting joint 2nd along with PoolCuez, but with the players Jordy has I am fairly confident in saying that MP will finish on top.

Key Players so far have been:
xlx_skill_xlx – undefeated so far this season, leading his team as best he can. His game has improved a lot over the past few months, and I am sure he will continue.
Mike_oneil43 – Mikes talent has never been in doubt, he sometimes gets exasperated, and this is where he falls down. His record so far is 3/1 so aslong as he keeps performing MP will do well.
Jasonlippi01 – I was surprised when I saw Jason was playing for MP in this inter, nevertheless he has performed well helping MP to there good start to the season, I am not sure if he will be consistent throughout he sometimes lets his concentration get the better of him. Time will tell

Outlook
With the players now at Jordys disposal I see them going on to win the division

Pool Cuez
This league was created by dani after she fell out with PoolPals, now I could be really nasty about this league after the things they have done to me, but I am not. They have managed to build a decent team with some of yahoos well known players, they are currently tied with MP for second, I think that if Crozzzy can start wining his games, then they will push MP all the way to the last week, but until that I can only see PCZ making 3rd.

Key Players so far have been:
Sniper_stylez – 4 games played, 4 games won do I need to say more? He is well on target for seasons MVP, he seems to be the only consistant PCZ player.

Outlook
PoolCuez need there better players to start performing and get the W’s until that happens they are going to finish no better then 3rd.

Straightshots
This league has so far gone undefeated, will this continue? I don’t think so, they have some good players and even with a couple of their better players not performing consistently they still seem to be getting the results so fair play to them, I cant really knock the teams performance. The big telling point of the season will be week 7 MP vs SS. If SS win that game then I can see them keeping 1st spot in the league.

Key players so far have been:
Ragas_y – when I said earlier about consistency, this is what I meant, great start to the season winning all 3 game he has competed in, hopefully his performances will G up his team.

Outlook
Unless SS defeat MP in week 7, I see 1st place slipping out of their grasp. I predict 2nd place just pippin PCZ.


Extreme Cues
Looking at player stats it seems that EC have only just joined the Interleague this week just gone, having had a bit of experience of EC in other interleagues, it has come to my attention that they are a great team one day, but others they just never get out of the starting blocks. Within their home league they have some great players, but will they ever represent EC? Well who knows.

Key players so far have been:
Well im not really able to name key player so far as they have only played 1 match, therefore I will name their key player in my eyes for weeks to come.
Airhead619 – this guy is their best player in their team at the moment, he has a lot of knowledge of how to play interleague games and I am sure he will use it. He got a W in match 1 and there are sure to be more to come.

Outlook
If they can turn up every week well they have a great chance of making 4th, it’s a straight dog fight in my eyes between EC and BP.

Eclipse Pool
Now although EP are not out of the running, they have however lost their last 3 games and in theory have only won 1 match, since their other win came by way of a bye. I really do not know a lot about this league, so I am not going to make a fool of myself and pretend I know everything (even though I think I do).

Key Players so far have been:
In all honesty they haven’t really had any consistent players so far, I hope 1 or 2 player manage to find some consistency and help this league climb the table.

Outlook
The outlook really is not the greatest, I see the league finishing in the bottom 2, depending on what league replaces STL. Please prove me wrong!

Pool Kings
Now this league opened to prove a point to people, the Head admin is from DP as are many of the players, but this league runs with Cam only tournies thus trying to remove the name DP from their backs. PK seem have started with 0pts and have won 1 lost 1 so far this season. But with the players Omar has at his disposal they shouldn’t stay in the bottom half for long, however unless omar motivates his players for the next game they could be looking down the barrel of the shotgun even at this early stage.

Key Players so far have been:
Since this league has only really played 2 games in IPA, well I cant make a judgement on their key players. The best performing player in the past 2 games have been origin1_geezer as he is the only player to have won both of them.

Outlook
Well unless they go on a long unbeaten streak (which is certainly not out of the question) I don’t see them making the top 4, 5th at best.

No comments: