As I said in my Week 8 predictions, there were some big matches and it certainly didn’t fail to live up to expectations. Whilst PoolKings showed exactly what they can do when they put their minds to it. Both Magic Pool and British Pool dealt with their favourite tags superbly.
We are currently just over half way through the season, and could the leagues be any tighter in the standings? 3 leagues currently occupy the top spot, with PCZ 6pts adrift in 4th. Straightshots first loss of the season may have come at a bad time, since they have now dropped to 3rd out of the teams tied for first, they will need to pull out some big wins to up their W/L ratio. Magic Pool and Brit Pool have the same W/L but MP take the top spot since they beat BP 4-2 earlier in the season.
Week 9
PoolKings vs EclipsePool
PoolCuez vs Straightshots
Extreme Cues vs TBA
Britpool vs Magicpool
With the top 4 teams all in action against each other, this week could prove to top the last. If PK defeats EP they still have a long shot at making the playoffs.
PoolKings vs EclipsePool
Sure, this is a bottom of the table clash but should one of these teams win it puts a whole load of pressure on PCZ to pull out a win against Straightshots (do-able but likely?).
PK pulled a huge win out the bag last week; this win has been a long time coming. It may have just started to click for PK after a tough time recently. I have been saying since I started doing these predictions that when Adam wins, so will PK. Last week Adam guided his team to victory against then league leaders.
EP got their much needed bye last week to keep them in the race for that last playoff spot, but should they lose this one there is no question that they will not make the playoffs.
I can only see this game going one way, after PK’s dominance last week they should walk this. If PK win this all other leagues will need to watch their back because PK will be on a rampage.
My Prediction
5-1 PK
PoolCuez vs Straightshots
PCZ again didn’t get out of the firing blocks last week, their big player need to start winning because if they lose here they will be in the shit! EC will be taking the free win and will move level on points, but will jump ahead of PCZ by way of W/L. Not only will EC be hot on PCZ, so will the winner of PK vs EP. PCZ should be one of the teams tied top of the league, but when your certain wins each week fail, what can you do?
SS lost last week, and although I predicted them to win I wasn’t really that surprised at the result. PK have under performed so far in IPA, and last week really set their tone of what they are capable of. SS will not want a repeat performance this week and will be desperate to pull out a big win. On paper I feel SS have the bigger players, and should I get selected this week (doubtful since my net is delayed until Friday) I would plan to add to that list.
This match could seriously go either way, one mistake and its game over.
My Prediction
3-3
Extreme Cues vs TBA
This is a big bye for EC, this gives them some serious hope of snatching the last playoff spot.
6-0 EC
MATCH OF THE WEEK
Britpool vs Magicpool
This has to be the match of the week, 1st v 2nd, both tied on same points, same W/L. BP have been pulling some nice wins out lately and their confidence must by sky high. I am very surprised at BP’s power up the league, this is no offence to BP but I don’t see those great players. I guess confidence and team moral can defeat talent any day? BP will need a lot of that in this game, because this will probably be their hardest game of the season.
MP have such a strong team and have a large squad to select their best players. I really don’t expect MP to look back now after taking top spot. I expect them to walk away with it and go undefeated until the end of the season. There is a great deal more I can say on the matter. That’s my statement, I hope im wrong lol.
My Prediction
2-4 MP
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment